never was i more excited about stock markets...

I think it was when i just finished schooling that my Father and Mother sat around me and gave me some useful tips to succeed in life. Of the many thing that they told me, i particularly remember what my father told about stock markets. He said stock markets are like buying lotteries - you win at the cost of someone else's loss. I really made note of that statement and walked away unsure on how to react.
It might be because of that seed of thought implanted in me that i quit searching for any real answers on what stock markets are esp when all my room mates back at college and at working hostel were crazy about stocks. The major reason why i kept away from any numbers were mostly attributed to this fact as well. I kept saying to myself that i am very bad at numbers and i kept piling up all those finance related stuffs like ITR, income tax investments, NSC and FD's to my father. I really did not poke my nose into any financial numbers for my first 3 ITR's and now things have changed quite a bit.
I assume it was when my marriage was round the corner that i really thought about money and financial planning. It might be quite humorous to speak out that i almost washed out all my savings during the marriage phase. Somehow or other i kept searching on how to begin a savings program and plan for future ahead. That was the magical moment i learned about how to invest in stock markets. 
Now after spending some quality time every day on stocks, i feel my life has got some more meaning. The more i tried to learn, the more complicated my learning became. Earlier i kept thinking, i could learn everything about stocks say in about 2 months. Now i feel 20 years wont get me any closer to real knowledge. However i feel proud that atleast i started learning something....

Comments